Format of the Guides
In order to assist practitioners in following Best Practice, the guides have been designed to highlight legal requirements and issues relating to public safety, food safety and deer welfare. Links to other Best Practice guides have also been identified, as well as references to other relevant material.
Key to symbols
- This symbol highlights a legal requirement. It is an offence not to comply.
- This symbol highlights an action or task required in order to safeguard public safety, food safety and animal welfare.
- This symbol highlights an action or task required in order to carry out the task effectively.
Back ground text without a symbol attached is generally used to describe the following:
- Advantages & disadvantages associated with the method
- Situations where the method is appropriate.
- Examples of what could happen and advice on how to minimise.
- Procedures which reduce costs, reduce effort, or save time, or represent the ideal option if not constrained by limited time or money. The costs of implementing these may outweigh the benefits.
Denotes links to other Best Practice Guides detailed in the blue box at the end of the guide.
Denotes links to other sources of information detailed in the pink box at the end of the guide.