In order to assist practitioners in following Best Practice, the guides have been designed to highlight legal requirements and issues relating to public safety, food safety and deer welfare. Links to other Best Practice guides have also been identified, as well as references to other relevant material.
- This symbol highlights a legal requirement. It is an offence not to comply
- This symbol highlights an action or task required in order to safeguard public safety, food safety and animal welfare
- This symbol highlights an action or task required in order to carry out the task effectively
Back ground text without a symbol attached is generally used to describe the following:
- Advantages & disadvantages associated with the method;
- Situations where the method is appropriate;
- Procedures which reduce costs, effort or time;
- Procedures which represent the ideal option if not constrained by limited time or money. The costs of implementing these may outweigh the benefits.
1 Superscript numbers and symbols in the text denote links to other sources of information which are detailed in these boxes at the end of the guide.
Asterisks in the text (*) denote links to other Best Practice Guides which are detailed in the blue box at the end of the guide..
follow an internal link to a related guide
follow an external link
download a pdf
Print version of above as a pdf (download)